Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Downtown

I just started my new job on Monday with State Farm. I get to work in the Downtown building which is great compared to Corporate South. Working downtown is so fun and the people here are so friendly and welcoming. We are allowed longer lunches here too which is exciting and with all the places to eat downtown I will never go hungry! (although I have been bringing my lunch this week because I'm a money saver). There is even a CVS downtown which is nice in case I ever forget something or have a mini-emergency!

One of my favorite things about working downtown is that it is so historical. The building I work in is the building that State Farm started in. They have done a wonderful job at trying to keep original items and restore things as well. We had a tour of the building on our first day and we got to see G.J. Mecherle's office. It was huge, and smelled old. EVERYTHING in the office was original which was really neat. It was funny to see that there were ashtrys in the rooms too. Back then there was a smoking policy which stated that employees could smoke at their desk (except women who had to smoke in the hallway). Now State Farm is a smoke-free facility! How times have changed!

I love love love the downtown building and if you're ever in the area around lunch time throw me text!

No comments:

Post a Comment